Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My dog, my best friend.

The hubby and I felt it was time to take the next step and get a dog. We did not want to buy when there are so many dogs out there in shelters seized from bad homes and puppy mills. Our neighborhood association only allows small to mid-sized dogs so we went to animal shelters to seek out our pet baby.

We found this adorable little toy shih tzu, filled out the paperwork and the day came to pick her up her owners came to get her. It turns out she was a runaway!

We felt down and I made my husband take me to all  New Jersey animal shelters I could find. We finally went back to the shelter where we were gonna adopt the shih tzu and then I found my bella. A young 3-4 year old mini pinscher. She was skin and bones labeled as a stray. It was a long 4 days before we got to take her home. She is like a trojan horse, she will look at you from the corner of her eye to check you out. Barks at any stranger near our home and loves to be loved.

That day we found our pet baby she got lucky and we got lucky. We love her so much. My husband named her Bella, I have to add that he named her or he might get hurt feelings.

Adopt from a pet shelter, don't support puppy mills by purchasing a dog from a store that sells them.

Check out your local city pet shelter. There are so many dogs put up for adoption that there is not enough room for them so most city shelter euthanize.

Donate to reupatable not for profit pet shelters. It doesn't have to be money, some accept rags that are used as blankets. Toys, pet food, leashes. Check with them for what they currently need.

No comments:

Post a Comment